Become a Member
Please click here to become a member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
Call into us today on Carysfort Avenue beside Mackens Pharmacy or call 01-283 1034 for further details on how to become a member.
As with any financial institution three forms of ID are required on joining:
- Photographic ID such as a passport or driving licence
- Proof of residence such as a recent bank statement or utility bill
- Evidence of your Tax Identification Number/PPS Number such as a tax cert, letter from social services or an official document from the Revenue Commissioners
If membership is based on working rather than living in the area, a letter from your employer may also be required.
- Savings on a regular basis
- Loans for a variety of purposes
- Competitive interest rates
- Flexible repayment terms
- Free Loan & Share Insurance
- Secured loans at a discount rate (6%)
- No early redemption penalty
- No hidden charges
- Convenient opening times
- VHI group scheme discount of 10%
- Savings fully bonded & Government secured
Please click here to enquire about the membership
A Nomination is a legally binding, written instruction that tells the Credit Union what to do with your money after your death. The Member completes a Nomination Form, which allows the member (nominator) to nominate a person/persons (nominees) to become entitled to any properties in the credit union in the event of death.
Download our new members guide here.
To become a Member of Blackrock Credit Union you must hold our Common Bond. This means you must live or work in the area outlined on the map below. Credit Unions operate on the co-operative principal of communities, linked by a common bond, working together to help each other. For some Credit Unions the common bond is defined by their occupation or their employer, for Blackrock Credit Union the common bond is defined as living or working in the area highlighted on the map below.